- Cook Time: 45 Minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings
A savory south-of-the-border take on meatballs with authentic Mexican ingredients.
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 28 oz. Mild Green Enchilada Sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium-size serrano peppers, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 tbsp. sour cream
- In a blender, mix cilantro, garlic, enchilada sauce, onion and serrano peppers; blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef and eggs with your hands, and shape into 2- to 3-inch meatballs.
- Heat a frying pan with 2 tablespoon of olive oil until hot; add the meatballs and fry until browned.
- Pour salsa from the blender into the pan covering the meatballs.
- Add the sour cream and cheese on top.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes. Serve with white rice.