- Cook Time: 1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings
These hearty enfrijoladas sprinkled in Las Palmas® Red Enchilada Sauce are perfect as an appetizer or light dinner. Recipe created by Chef Eduardo Ruiz.
For the chili beans:
- In a heavy-bottomed sauce pan, add olive oil and garlic.
- Set your stove to the lowest possible heat level. Allow the garlic to cook very slowly (about 15 minutes).
- Once garlic is soft, add 28 ounces of the Las Palmas Chili Beans and heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer for about 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Puree using a blender or hand blender. Season to your desired liking. Keep beans on very low heat until ready to make enfrijoladas.
For the pickled cherry tomato sauce:
- Wash cherry tomatoes and cut in half. Place them in a glass or plastic bowl.
- Place the apple cider vinegar and sugar into a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer until sugar is dissolved to create a hot pickle liquid. Pour hot pickle liquid over cherry tomatoes and cover for about 1 hour. Strain cherry tomatoes, saving 2 tablespoons of the pickle liquid.
- In a food processor place the cherry tomatoes, sour cream, 2 tablespoons of pickle liquid and Las Palmas Hot Red Enchilada Sauce. Pulse for about 1 minute.
For the final dish:
- Place 2-3 tortillas on a plate and roll them up. Pour over enfrijolada sauce, and top with cherry tomato sauce and crumbled panela cheese.