- Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings
Crispy triangular-shaped tortillas topped with sour cream, chopped tomatoes, tomatillos and avocado.
- 12 6-in. tortillas, cut into 1-in. pieces, fried
- 1 c. onion, chopped
- 1 can Mild Green Enchilada Sauce
- ½ c. Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 whole avocados, pitted and sliced
- ½ c. fresh tomatoes, diced
- ¼ c. cilantro, chopped
- ¼ c. pickled jalapeños, sliced
- 1 c. sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook onions in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil until tender.
- Add enchilada sauce and bring it to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, 3-4 minutes.
- Layer half of the tortilla strips in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Top with half of the sauce and half of the cheese; repeat layers.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with avocados, diced tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeños and sour cream just before serving.