- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings
A seafood dish prepared with a variety of Mexican seasonings and spices.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. garlic, diced
- 28 oz. Mild Green Enchilada Sauce
- ½ c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 medium-size serrano peppers , chopped
- 4 tbsp. butter
- ½ lb. uncooked shrimp, peeled
- In a blender, mix the onion, garlic, enchilada sauce, cilantro and serrano peppers until pureed.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and sauté until the shrimp are just pink and firm.
- Add the enchilada sauce to the pan with the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Serve over rice, in tortillas or with a side of black beans.